Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I believe that you should not hold back your emotions

My father and i have a very strange relationship. when i was little i always wanted to be daddy's little girl so i wouldnt wear dresses or play with dolls because that's not want daddy's girls do. i would rather wear jeans and a tee-shirt and play in the mud. my favorit thing to do when i was little was go to the co op with my dad and older brother; it is here were i would see my father lift a feed sack with one are like it was full of feathers. i still remember riding on the tractor with him when he was working on the field behind our farm. i learned so much from this man

My brother is six years older then i, so he always spent more time with dad and i always got left behind because i was a girl and they were to do man work! there was never a time then i felt that i was not loved by my father, he just had a differnt was of showing it, then i would have liked.

when my father was little he was taught kids are to be seen but not heard. they are not to be hugged or shown any remorse of they will grow up to be soft, and this is not a world for a soft person. so, because of his beliefs my father does not hug, kiss, of tell us he loves us he feekld we shoukd know that because of what he has done for us.

I am the complete opposite i tell everyone that i am clase to, that i love them. i personaly believe they should know that everyday, in the horrible chance that i may never be able to tell them again! i hug everyone good bye and always tell them to have a good day.

i guess you could say my father's lack of emotion made me want to show it even more. My father is a great man and there is not many out there like him, and i know he loves me very much. i would have loved a hug every once in a while. so, for that, i belive in showing love and emotion to everyone close before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment